Thursday 30 December 2010

Costume Realisation

From my original design for the character of the Lion being inspired by the 'Beast' in Bele et la Bete (A film I studied in the research phase to explore and gain a greater understanding of the concepts within narrative and genre.) I have developed this design to translate the context within the chosen genre better - see design development below.




We can't dispute the fact the main character is in fact a Lion in this fairytale story - this is why I decided to incorporate lion qualities into my design. Despite developing the design the qualities and features of a lion still resonates just in a more stylistic way. From changing a grand, royal outfit into a cultural, iconic dress I was able to still hold onto the 'grand' qualities of my original design to reflect the Lion's characteristics within the play but able to also tune into the Western genre through visually displaying symbolic features, take for example the Indian head dress.

Bible Sheet - The Lion Prince



(Refer to A3 Bible Sheet for further detailing and realisation of costume)

No comments:

Post a Comment